NIPER Guwahati Recruitment 2023; The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), Guwahati, is a National Institute of National Importance established by an Act of Parliament under the supervision of the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilisers, Government of India, to provide higher education and conduct advanced research in the field of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technology.
NIPER jobs in Guwahati Required Teaching & Non-Teaching posts for the institute in the department as detailed below. NIPER Guwahati is looking for candidates, who exhibit a high level of achievement, scientific maturity, ability to conduct research, guide students, and possess leadership qualities in the chosen field. Online Applications for jobs at NIPER are open for the candidates on a contractual basis. Read below all the instructions, no. of vacancies, age limit, qualification, and how to apply for NIPER Guwahati vacancies in 2023.
NIPER Recruitment 2023 Overview
|Assistant Professor (Contractual)
|Number of Positions
|Max Age limit
|Rs. 75,000/- per month
|22/05/2023 up to 5:00 PM
|Others NIPER News
NIPER Guwahati Recruitment; Essential and Desirable Qualifications :
Essential: Ph.D., in Biotech. / Bioscience & Bioengineering / Biomedical Sciences/ Life Sciences / Chemical Engineering with First class or equivalent grade at the preceding degree (M.Pharma / M.S / M.Tech / M.Sc.) in Biotechnology / Bioscience & Bioengineering / Chemical Engineering / Biomedical Sciences / Life Sciences with a very good academic record throughout and at least 2 to 3 years of Teaching/Research/Industries experience with published works of high quality.
Desirable: The candidate should have expertise in Bioprocess engineering, systems biology, synthetic biology, production of biologicals/ biosimilars, Gene therapy, and Cell-based- therapy. Candidate should have demonstrated adequate experience in Industry/ independent Research in terms of guidance of master’s students, teaching experiences, execution and/or recipients of sponsored / EMR projects, and publication in SCI journals.
NOTE: a) Only applicants with relevant biopharmaceutical experience should apply.
b) Prior experience in the industry area would be preferred
General Instruction and Terms & Conditions
Eligibility, Age, Qualification & Experience for NIPER Guwahati Recruitment.
- All qualifications acquired must be recognized in law.
- Candidates’ qualifications and experience must be relevant to the post being applied for.
- Age and experience requirements will be calculated as of the advertisement’s closing date; experience gained after completing post-graduate studies and after obtaining a Ph.D. will be considered subject to the provision of an experience certificate.
- Qualifications and experience alone do not entitle an applicant to be short-listed. The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates invited to the selection process to a reasonable number based on relevant criteria, which may be higher than the minimum specified.
- The Institute reserves the right to act and take decisions as deemed fit, in all matters relating to (i) eligibility criteria; (ii) acceptance or rejection of the candidate’s application; (iii) insufficient or incorrect information provided by the applicant; (iv) shortlisting and selection; (v) appointment offer on regular or contract basis. No requests or correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- Also, The Institute reserves the right to terminate the engagement with the selected candidate for any reason, and no claim can be made against the Institute in this regard.
- As of the date of application, no vigilance or disciplinary case shall have been considered, pending, or taken against the candidate. Such candidates are ineligible and should not apply. If such a development occurs after the candidate submits the application, the Institute must be notified as soon as possible.
- The candidates must not have been investigated by any law enforcement agency or convicted by any court of law, either in India or abroad.
Vacancies and Positions :
- The Institute reserves the right not to fill any, some, or all of the listed positions; or to cancel the advertisement in whole or in part, for any reason and without incurring any kind of liability. The Institute additionally keeps the right to extend the application deadline; restrict, enlarge, amend, or alter the requirements or recruitment procedure in whole or in part, if the need arises, without further notice or explanation.
- Part-time/Full-time engagement: The engagement may be initially for up to 1 year. At the end of the initial Full-time engagement or subsequent extension, the Institute will make an assessment and take the decision about an extension. This institute will devise its own assessment procedure for extension based on the contribution and requirements of the experts engaged as Professors of Practice. The maximum duration of service of Professor of Practice at the institute should not exceed three years and is extendable by one year in exceptional cases and the total service should not exceed 4 years under any circumstances.
- If a candidate is found eligible at any stage of the recruitment process, He/she will be disqualified, his/her candidature will be withdrawn, and if selected, the offered post may be cancelled, withdrawn, or service terminated immediately without compensation or liability to the Institute. At any level of recruiting, suppressing any information (in whole or in part) or providing incorrect or misleading information (in whole or in part) may result in similar penal action.
- The issuance of the letter (if any) for attendance at the selection process does not confer any right of appointment.
- In case of any inadvertent error in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of the offer of appointment, the Institute reserves the right to withdraw, cancel, or modify any communication, offer, or appointment made to the candidate, without incurring any liability whatsoever.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
Other Terms & Conditions
- Pay: Consolidated amount of Rs. 75,000/- per month. The Institute would not pay any further allowances or emoluments beyond the Consolidated Pay.
- The Institute strives for a gender-balanced workforce, so female candidates are especially encouraged to be nominated.
- All recruiting will be based on the recommendations of the fully formed Screening Committee and Selection Committee. The Director of NIPER Guwahati shall be the Competent Authority for finalizing the appointment and pay of the candidate to be appointed as Assistant Professor (Medical Devices) at the Institute, and will not be constrained by the Selection Committee’s recommendations.
- In all matters of recruitment such as screening, shortlisting, selection, fixation of salary, etc., the interpretation and decision of the Competent (Appointing) Authority of the Institute shall be final and binding.
- Applicants called for an Interview shall not be entitled to payment of any TA/DA.
- Disputes (if any) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the competent courts of Guwahati.
How to Apply at NIPER Guwahati Recruitment 2023
- Interested candidates are invited to apply using the prescribed format only (Annexure – I), available on the website (www.niperguwahati.ac.in) from 11:00 AM on 24.04.2023 to 5:00 PM on 22.05.2023. Candidates may download the soft copy of the concerned format from the website, fill in the concerned details, take a print-out of the same, sign the declaration at the end, and send the same along with enclosures (as mentioned below) both by mail and post to the Institute. The scanned copy of the Application and Enclosures should be sent to [email protected], with APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (BIOPHARMACEUTICALS) in the subject line. The hardcopy of the Application and Annexures are to be sent to – The Registrar i/c, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research (NIPER) Guwahati, Vill: SilaKatamur (Halagurisuk), P.O.: Changsari, Dist: Kamrup, Assam-India, 781101 by 29.05.2023. The application form and envelope should be labelled APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (BIOPHARMACEUTICALS).
- Applications MUST be accompanied by :
- i. A Detailed CV of the Applicant
- ii. Statement of Purpose (1000 Words, maximum)
- iii. Your proposed contribution to the Institute (1000 Words, maximum)
- iv. Your notable achievements in any education and employment
- v. Awards, Rewards, Recognitions won, and/or professional affiliations
- vi. Latest Passport-size Photograph of the Applicant
- Applications without the above enclosures may not be considered
- Candidates employed in Government or Government Organizations (e.g., CFTIs, Autonomous Institutions, Universities, etc.) must apply through the proper channel; or produce a No Objection Certificate (NOC) at the time of interview; If selected, they must show a Relieving Letter at the time of duty reporting. Such Applicant may send advance applications, but, if found eligible and shortlisted, They would be allowed to participate in the selection process only if their applications were received through appropriate channels and/or a NOC is produced on or before the interview date.
- Candidates are advised to visit the official website of NIPER Guwahati (niperguwahati.ac.in) to get regular updates. Amendments, corrigendum, and addenda (if any), will be placed on the Guwahati Institute website only.
- Applications must be complete in all respects. Additional sheets as needed may be used and referenced suitably. All information furnished must be supported by documentary evidence. Incomplete, incorrect, and sketchy applications are liable to be rejected.
- The institute will not be responsible for the non-receipt of the application form within the stipulated period due to any postal delay/ loss of the application form/ document sent in transit. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be accepted.
- The Institute will communicate only with short-listed and selected candidates. It is explicitly made clear that no correspondence, whatsoever, shall be entertained from applicants not shortlisted for interview or not selected for appointment.
Important link, Date, and Time:
|NIPER Guwahati Recruitment Application form PDF
|NIPER Guwahati Recruitment Last date & time of Application
|22.05.2023 up to 5:00 PM
|Last date for receipt of hard copy of the application along with all enclosures
|29.05.2023 up to 12 Noon
FAQs on NIPER Guwahati Recruitment 2023
How many vacancies are available at NIPER Guwahati?
As of now, a total of 01 vacancies are available at NIPER Guwahati.
What are the age criteria for NIPER Assistant Professor Jobs?
For Assistant Professor (Contractual) max age is 40 years.
What is the official website for NIPER Guwahati Recruitment in 2023?
official website for NIPER Guwahati Recruitment is (niperguwahati.ac.in).
How to apply for NIPER Assistant Professor Jobs at Guwahati.
Visit the official website (niperguwahati.ac.in) or read the instruction provided on our website.