Objective: The objective of this procedure is to lay down the operation of the vibratory sifter
Scope: This procedure applies to the operation of a vibratory sifter within the manufacturing area.
Responsibility: The responsibility for following this procedure lies with the Operator, Officer, and Executive of the Production Department, as well as the Manager of the Production Department.
Procedure for Vibratory Sifter:
- Ensure that the equipment is thoroughly cleaned and prepared for use.
- Verify that the main switch is set to the ‘OFF’ position.
- Assemble the sieve holding ring and food-grade gaskets onto the sifter chamber.
- Visually inspect the sieve’s integrity according to the respective Batch Manufacturing Record (BMR). Place the sieve over the sifter chamber, position the food-grade gasket above it, and secure the ring by tightening the wing nuts of the clamps.
Operation for Vibratory Sifter::
- After obtaining clearance from Quality Assurance (QA), affix the “UNDER PROCESS” label, duly filled and signed, onto the machine.
- Document the observations in the equipment usage log sheet, by following related Standard Operating Procedures.
- When sifting materials, wear elbow-sized hand gloves.
- Place the pre-labeled cleaned In-Process Container (IPC) below the discharge area.
- Switch on the main power supply from the electrical panel.
- Manually feed the material to be sifted using a stainless steel (SS) scoop onto the sieve.
- (For sifting dried granules, position the sifter below the tipper’s outlet).
- Collect the sifted material from the discharge chute into the IPC. Remove any oversized granules and mill them using a Multimill.
- Record the completion time of the sifting operation in the equipment usage log sheet, following the relevant SOP.
- Switch off the main power supply after completing the operation.
- Attach the “TO BE CLEANED” label, duly filled and signed, onto the machine.
- Note: Ensure that the sifting process is carried out in proximity to the dust extraction system.
Related SOP: SOP on Cleaning of Production area
Do not operate the machine without any material.
BMR: Batch Manufacturing Record
IPC: In-process Container
QA: Quality Assurance
SS: Stainless Steel
SOP: Standard Operating Procedure