CUG Recruitment 2023: Good news here is a New Notification for Pharmacists, Opportunity for a Pharmacist at Central University of Gujarat with – Salary of up to Rs. 92,300 per month
About Central University of Gujarat
The Central University of Gujarat (CUG), established by the Parliament of India through the Central Universities Act (2009), is dedicated to the dissemination and advancement of knowledge creation and sharing. The university’s primary objectives include providing integrated and interdisciplinary courses, educating and training human resources for the country’s development, promoting innovation in teaching and learning, and improving the social, economic, intellectual, academic, and cultural development of the people. In NIRF 2016 rankings, the university secured the overall 60th position in India and was ranked 2nd among all the universities in Gujarat.
CUG Recruitment Details 2023
|CUG Recruitment 2023 for Pharmacist
|Central University of Gujarat
|Number of Vacancies
|01 (Unreserved – UR: 01)
|Appling Start date
|Applying Last Date
|CUG Official Notification PDF
Central University of Gujarat (CUG) is inviting online applications from eligible Indian nationals for the appointment of Group-A, Group-B, and Group-C Non-Teaching and Other Academic posts through direct recruitment.
Pay Scale as per the 7th CPC: Pay Level 5; Pay Range: Rs. 29,200 – Rs. 92,300
Age Limit for Direct Recruitment: 32 Years
CUG Recruitment 2023: Qualification
Essential Qualifications for Direct Recruitment:
(i) 10+2 with a Diploma in Pharmacy (2 years duration)
(ii) Registration with State Pharmacy Council
Period of Probation: 2 years for direct recruits
|OBC / EWS
|SC / ST / PwBD / Ex-servicemen / Women
General Instructions for CUG Recruitment 2023:
- Candidates who had previously applied for Group-C Post(s) under Employment Notification No. 18/2016-17 dated 19/09/2016 for certain posts need to apply again but do not need to pay the fee(s) again. They must provide relevant proof of Payment(s) & Application(s).
- Candidates who had previously applied for Group A Post(s) under Employment Notification No. CUG/04-2/2019-20 dated 06/07/2019, Employment Notification No. CUG/13-2/2020-21 dated 16/10/2020, for Group B Post(s) CUG/20-2/2019-20 dated 25/01/2020, and for Group A, Group B, and Group C Post(s) under Employment Notification No. CUG/04-2/2021- 22 dated 30/09/2021 and Employment Notification No. CUG/06-2/2022-23 dated 03/10/2022 mentioned in the vacancy table need not apply again unless they want to update their details.
- Certain posts (Private Secretary, Personal Assistant, Technical Assistant – Laboratory, Library Assistant, and Lower Division Clerk) are re-advertised, and all eligible candidates must apply afresh.
- Only online applications will be accepted. Candidates must send the hard copy of the online application form along with self-attested testimonials, certificates, educational qualifications, and supporting documents to “Recruitment Cell, Central University of Gujarat, Sector-29, Gandhinagar – 382030” by Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier before 18/08/2023, 05:30 p.m.
- Candidates applying for multiple posts need to submit separate online applications along with separate online application processing fees. Each application must have all the required self-attested copies of certificates and documents attached, as mentioned in point No. 4 above.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicants should submit documents related to their Change of Name, if applicable, along with the application.
- The last date for online application submission is 11/08/2023, 5:30 p.m.
- Experience and qualifications will be considered as of the last date of online application submission.
- Applicants are advised to submit their applications well in advance to avoid postal delays.
- Original testimonials, certificates, and other documents must be produced during the interview if called.
- Applicants must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility conditions for the post they are applying for.
- The university may verify the antecedents and documents submitted by candidates at any time during the appointment or tenure of service, and if any discrepancies are found, the candidate’s services may be terminated.
- The university reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidates in case of any inadvertent mistake in the selection process.
- Reservation policies for SC / ST / OBC / PwBD / EWS candidates shall be followed as per the existing Government of India / UGC policy.
- Reservations for ex-servicemen shall be as per the existing Government of India rules.
- Employees previously working on a contract basis at the Central University of Gujarat till 24/09/2021 may be given one-time age relaxation based on the service rendered in the CUG to participate in the regular recruitment process of non-teaching posts.
- In case of reserved posts, a relaxation of 5% in qualification marks shall be allowed for SC / ST / OBC (Non-creamy Layer) / Differently-abled candidates to assess good academic records for direct recruitment. Eligibility marks of 55% and a relaxation of 5% are permissible based on the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedure.
- Other reservation policies shall be followed as per existing Government of India norms.
- Candidates seeking reservation under SC / ST category must submit the certificate in the prescribed format by the Government of India, Department of Personnel & Training (Annexure-I).
- Candidates seeking reservation under the OBC category must submit the certificate in the prescribed format by the Government of India, Department of Personnel & Training (Annexure-II).
- Candidates applying for OBC reserved posts must submit a self-attested copy of a valid caste certificate specifically mentioning Creamy Layer-exclusion in the prescribed format by Govt. of India.
- Candidates claiming benefits under the Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) category must provide relevant proof of disability.
- EWS vacancies are tentative and subject to further directives of GoI. Candidates belonging to the EWS category must submit the Income and Asset certificate in the prescribed format.
- Candidates must submit the certificates for SC / ST / OBC / PwBD / EWS / Ex-Servicemen category in the prescribed format and duly countersigned by the competent authority.
- The qualifications and conditions prescribed in the advertisement are subject to the regulations/norms stipulated by MOE / UGC / University.
- The university reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates to be called for an interview based on qualifications and experience.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
- Candidates already in service must submit a NOC from their employer and forward their applications through the proper channel.
- Candidates showing experience of Private Organization in their application must attach proof of the Organization’s turnover of Rs.
|CUG Recruitment 2023 Official Website
|CUG Recruitment 2023 PDF link
FAQs on CUG Recruitment 2023
How many vacancies are available for the Pharmacist post?
There is one (01) vacancy for the Pharmacist post, for (UR) category.
What are the essential qualifications required for direct recruits to the Pharmacist post?
Candidates must have completed 10+2 and Diploma in Pharmacy (2 years duration). And also registration with the State Pharmacy Council.
What is the age limit for direct recruitment to the Pharmacist post?
The maximum age limit for direct recruits is 32 years.
What are the probation periods for direct recruits to the Pharmacist post?
The period of probation for direct recruits is 2 years.
What is the last date for receipt of a hard copy of the online application?
The last date for receipt of hardcopy of the online application along with self-attested enclosures is 18/08/2023, 5:30 p.m.
Is there any relaxation for candidates from reserved categories?
Yes, there is a relaxation in qualification marks for SC / ST / OBC (Non-creamy Layer) / Differently-abled candidates for direct recruitment.
Will travel allowances be provided for attending the interview?
No, TA / DA will not be paid for attending the interview. However, outstation SC / ST / PwBD candidates will be reimbursed for second-class single railway fare on the shortest route.
Where will the hall tickets and call letters be sent?
Hall tickets and call letters will be sent to eligible candidates by email only. For more updates, visit our website on a regular basis, or check on the official website.
Is the online application processing fee refundable?
No, the online application processing fee is non-refundable.