OSSC Pharma Graduate Recruitment 2024: The Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) invited applications to fill the vacant position of Senior Laboratory Assistant through Combined Graduate Level Examination Specialist (CGLS). Eligible candidates may apply Online Application Form before the application closing date. Below check out OSSC Senior Laboratory Assistant post details and their eligibility criteria set by govt. of Odisha.
OSSC Pharma Graduate Recruitment 2024— Overview
|Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC)
|Name of Recruitment
|Directorate of Drugs Control, Odisha, Bhubaneswar
|Senior Laboratory Assistant
|OSSC Pharmacist Vacancy 2023
|Written Exam & Document Verification
|Age Limit as of 01.01.2023
|21-38 years (Check age Relaxation Below)
|Level-9 of ORSP, 2017
|Check other Pharmacist Jobs
|Check OSSSC Pharmacist Jobs
OSSC Pharma Graduate Recruitment— Post Details, Category Wise
Applications are invited through online mode only through the website for recruitment to fill up the vacancies reported by different Department/HODs under Govt, of Odisha as follows.
|No. of Post
|Post for Women
Individuals from the Transgender community have equal opportunities to apply for these positions.
The specific number of available positions and the terms for filling them may undergo alterations at any time, as decided by the Commission, the Authorities making the request, and the Government, without prior notification.
The age limits for candidates differ based on categories such as SEBC, SC, ST, women, PwD, and Ex-servicemen. For SEBC, SC, ST, and women candidates, there’s a relaxation of 5 years. PwD candidates have a relaxation of 10 years, and Ex-servicemen can count their defense service tenure in their age calculation.
PwD candidates in the ST & SC category can enjoy a cumulative age relaxation of ten years on top of their specific category relaxation. However, if a candidate belongs to multiple categories, they’re eligible for only one relaxation, the most beneficial one.
Eligibility criteria mandate that candidates not benefiting from any age relaxation should have a birthdate between January 2nd, 1985, and January 1st, 2002.
OSSC Pharma Graduate Recruitment— Examination Pattern:
The competitive OSSC Pharma Graduate Recruitment examination shall comprise three stages namely :
Stage -1: Preliminary Examination-150 marks
- Details about the type of questions, mode of examination, duration of the examination, number of questions, etc. will be shared in due course on the website through Notice.
- Candidates numbering about six (06) times the vacancies category-wise shall be shortlisted for the Main written Examination based on their marks secured in the Preliminary Examination. However, if the number of vacancies is one, a minimum of ten candidates will be shortlisted for the Main written examination, (if eligible candidates are ten or more)
- The indicative Syllabus is in Annexure-C of the Advertisement.
Stage – II: (a) Main Written Examination (200 marks):
- The Technical paper of 200 marks. The subjects covered for Inspector of Legal Metrology, Senior Laboratory Assistant, and Market Intelligence Inspector are listed in Annexure-C of the Advertisement. For other posts, the syllabus details will be shared before the online application deadline.
- Specifics like the question types, exam mode, duration, and number of questions will be provided on the website through an official notice soon.
- Candidates applying for Market Intelligence Inspector must pass a Computer Skill Test.
- The syllabus details can be found in Annexure-C of the Advertisement.
- Important to note: As per GA & PG Department Notification No-29246, dated 18th October 2022, both the Preliminary and Main Examinations will be conducted in Odia and English. Candidates need to choose their preferred language for the examination in the online application form. Once the choice is made, it cannot be changed.
Stage -III: Certificate Verification:
- The OSSC Pharma Graduate Recruitment selection process involves shortlisting candidates for Certificate Verification based on their performance in the Main Written Examination. The number of candidates shortlisted will be twice the number of advertised vacancies, categorized as per posts and categories.
- However, if there’s only one vacancy, up to three candidates may be called for verification. If, during this stage, the Commission finds that certain categories might not fill vacancies, additional candidates from the merit list might be called once more at the Commission’s discretion.
A few important points to note:
Below are some important points about the OSSC Pharma Graduate Recruitment 2024 examination:
- There won’t be any provision for re-evaluation or re-checking of scores, and the Commission won’t entertain any correspondence regarding this.
- The examination format—whether Preliminary or Main Written—could be conducted via OMR or CBRE (Computer Based Recruitment Examination) mode. If multiple sessions are held for CBRE, normalization processes will be used to offset differences in question papers’ difficulty levels.
- Negative marking (0.25 marks) will be applied for every wrong answer in exams with Multiple Choice Questions.
- Candidates reaching the minimum qualifying marks set by the Commission in the Preliminary exam will proceed to the next stage of the main written exam. Minimum marks may vary for different categories and posts/services.
- To qualify for the Computer Skill Test, candidates must secure 50% of the total marks.
- Candidates performing well in both main written papers and qualifying in applicable Computer Skill Tests will proceed to the document verification stage.
Important Instruction / Information to the Candidates
Some of the important instructions for OSSC Pharma Graduate Recruitment 2024 are as below:
- To complete the OMR answer sheet or CBRE Screen, the candidate needs to accurately fill in the Roll Number and other required information in the designated areas. It’s crucial to darken the appropriate circles using a Blue or Black Ball ballpoint pen specifically for OMR-based examinations. In case the information provided is incomplete or differs from the application form, or if the circles aren’t properly shaded, zero marks will be allotted.
- In the Descriptive Paper, candidates must correctly write their Roll Number on the cover page of the Answer Book. They should also sign the relevant columns in the Attendance Sheet. Answer Books lacking the Roll Number won’t be assessed, resulting in candidates being awarded zero marks.
- It’s important not to include any personal details like name, Roll number, Mobile number, or address inside the Descriptive Answer Book. Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in zero marks being given.
- The Examination doesn’t allow for score re-evaluation or re-checking. No communication regarding this matter will be entertained.
- After the final merit list is published, applicants will receive their marks from the Preliminary Examination, Main Examination, and Computer Skill Test.
- All these posts are within the State Cadre. Upon selection, candidates might be required to serve anywhere in Odisha.
- If a candidate surpasses the cut-off marks in any tier or stage but isn’t qualified for the subsequent stage or final selection due to any reason, they must contact the Commission within 5 days of the result declaration via email at [email protected].
- Government servants or those working under State Government or Central Government PSUs must obtain a “No Objection Certificate” from their controlling authority and upload it with the Online Application. Failure to do so will result in rejection of their candidature. During certificate verification, they must present the original “No Objection Certificate.” Those who weren’t Government Servants during the application but became ones later in the process should submit the certificate during verification. Failure to produce the No Objection Certificate during verification will result in exclusion from the merit list. Similarly, candidates concealing their Government servant status and found to be Government servants during verification or earlier will not be included in the Merit List.
- To apply for the OSSC Pharma Graduate Recruitment post, it’s important to have an active email ID and mobile number. These will be used to send crucial messages during the recruitment process.
- When selected, you’ll be assigned to one of the positions listed in the table. After passing the main written exam, you’ll need to specify your choices for the job and department before the certificate verification.
- There’s no examination fee for any candidate category, following the notice from the G.A. & P.G. Department, Notification No.9897/Gen, dated 11.04.2022.
- If selected, your appointment will be regular and your pay will match the levels mentioned in the table. The appointment procedure will follow the rules outlined in the “Odisha Group-‘B’, SC’ and Group-‘D’ Posts (Repeal and Special Provisions) Rules, 2022, mentioned in the Government’s GA and PG Department Notification No. 29076, dated 16th October 2022.
- Make sure you meet all the eligibility criteria for the post as described in the advertisement. Your admission to the written exam and other tests will be provisional, based on the information provided in your Online Application Form.
- Incomplete online OSSC Pharmacy job applications sent to OSSC will not be considered. Unfortunately, no correspondence will be entertained in such cases.
- If it’s discovered at any stage or afterward that the information you provided in your Online Application Form is false or incorrect, or if you don’t meet the eligibility criteria, your candidature for the posts will be canceled. This might also lead to temporary or permanent disqualification from any future recruitment exams conducted by the Commission.
- The Commission will use a “Normalization Formula” (mentioned in Notice No.2444/OSSC, dated 02.09.2021, available on the Commission’s website) for exams conducted through CBRE mode in multiple batches. This formula helps in balancing the difficulty level across different sets of question papers.
- No Admit card for recruitment will be sent by post. It’s advised to regularly visit the Commission’s website ossc.gov.in for updates on exam dates, download your Admit card, and check your application status.
- It’s a good idea to submit your Online Application Form well before the closing date to avoid any last-minute rush.
- If you’re eligible for and applying for multiple posts/services, the Commission will assign a post based on your merit and preference. Once a post is allotted, no changes will be made due to non-fulfillment of specific requirements. Ensure you meet all the post requirements before indicating your preferences.
OSSC Pharma Graduate Recruitment— Important Dates
|OSSC Last Date Submission of Online Application Form
|OSSC End Date of editing of Online Application form
|Official Notification PDF
FAQs for OSSC CGLC post and Exam:
Q: What is the recruitment about?
A: OSSC invites applications for Senior Laboratory Assistant in Odisha’s Directorate of Drugs Control.
Q: What’s the required qualification?
A: A Bachelor’s in Pharmacy (B. Pharma) is necessary for this recruitment drive.
Q: How many vacancies are available?
A: There are 33 vacancies for Senior Laboratory Assistants in various categories.
Q: What are the age limit and relaxation criteria?
A: The age limit is 21-38 years as of 01.01.2023, with relaxations for different categories.
Q: What’s the selection process?
A: Selection involves a Written Exam and Document Verification.
Q: What’s the salary level for selected candidates?
A: Selected candidates will be placed at Level-9 of ORSP, 2017.
Q: What are the important dates for application submission?
A: The last date for submission is 05.02.2024, with the editing option until 07.02.2024.
Q: Where can I find more information or apply?
A: You can find official details and apply at ossc.gov.in.
Q: Is there any examination fee?
A: No, there is no examination fee as per the notice from the GA & PG Department.